Friday, March 2, 2007

How an Idea Gave Me Faith

First, I analyzed the principle of life insurance thoroughly
to determine its value and to appreciate its worth. I con-
cluded that it was a very excellent idea. I liked the idea of
the protection it could provide. I liked the idea of the estate
it could create. I liked the idea of the savings account it
could establish. I liked the idea of the income it could guar-
antee for old age. In fact, I liked the idea of all the benefits
that life insurance could provide for the individual and his
family.
This analysis of life insurance gave me a comprehensive
interpretation of its function and a clear picture of the bene-
fits that it could provide for the prospect. I was thoroughly
convinced that it was a good idea; a sound and practical
proposition. I firmly believed that I could sell it. I had faith
in it.
Faith is believing in something, and so it remains until
you demonstrate your ability to fashion faith into reality.
Now arose the question of how I could convert my faith
into results by selling life insurance. How could I get the
idea of life insurance and its many benefits over to the pros-
pect? How could I convince the prospect that it was a safe
place for him to invest his capital? How could I make the
prospect feel as I felt about life insurance?

No comments: