Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Essentials of a Good Sales Plan

I had plenty of prospects. What next? I needed a sales ap-
proach. It was only good sense on my part to create a Sales
Plan that would set forth, in plain, understandable language,
the many benefits and values of life insurance, and what they
really meant to the prospect. The Sales Plan to present these
important ideas had to be good, compelling, and concrete.
It had to contain the power to attract the attention of the
prospect. It had to possess the power to arouse the interest
of the prospect. It had to create the power to stimulate the
desire of the prospect. It had to generate the power to per-
suade and convince the prospect to act.


I spent many many hours of study and meditation in cre-
ating this Sales Plan. I checked, I double checked, I anal-
yzed, I visualized. Was it interesting? Was it comprehensive?
Was it stimulating? Was it concise? Was it persuasive? Was
it convincing?
Every idea, every sentence, and every detail was attended
with the strictest attention. Every word was studied for the
correct pronunciation, for the proper enunciation, and for
the right sound and inflection. Every thought in each sen-
tence was studied for proper emphasis. Every particular was
weighed and balanced. Nothing was taken for granted, and
no detail was overlooked. When I had this Sales Plan in
good form, I memorized it. I read it out loud many times. I
dramatized it. I felt it. I lived it. I perfected it. Then I used it.
The Sales Plan presented a good proposition and a sound
idea. What about the prospect? Was he attracted? Was he
interested? Was he stimulated? Was he convinced? The re-
sults were beyond my fondest expectations. That Sales Plan
sold millions of dollars worth of life insurance.

No comments: